Friday, May 16, 2014

JFK: New York, New York, USA

It's finally here! My grand adventure has arrived. My endless journey to find out the truth about the world is going international! I'm on my way to my one month internship in Meknes, Morocco through the Vira Heinz Program and ISA-ELAP. I've already made one small portion of the trip there and it still hasn't fully sunk in as real that I am about to be halfway around the world. My mind is full with so many different emotions. I am excited, scared, ready to go, not ready to leave, and, on the outside, I look completely lost. My focus of the day is "just get there just get there just get there." If I can make it to my destination, I will already have accomplished so much in my own eyes. No matter the confusion I endured along the way.

I promised myself at the beginning of this process that I would learn to ask questions and admit when I don't know or can't do something on my own. I think God must have been listening when I said that, too, because I have had to ask a lot of questions already and I'm only one state from home. I know asking for help doesn't seem like much of a challenge, but for me it's a big change. And I know it will be one of the most valuable things I learn this summer, so I'm really trying.

Obviously the trip hasn't been very eventful this far. Sam and I made it to Pittsburgh through the torrential downpour. I said goodbye (for now) without even crying (much) and made it to my gate way early. I forgot my glasses, in typical Sara fashion, but luckily I did remember extra contacts. And now here I am waiting in JFK airport until my red eye to Paris tonight. That sounds crazy even just writing it down. "Oh, hey, I'm flying to Paris tonight. No big." What?! When did that become real? When did my dreams finally start coming true? I can't believe how many things have fallen in to place for this moment to even exist. After all the prayers, tears, and hard work, it's actually here. I am so truly grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment